This coursepack for Dawson College contains the following readings in .PDF format:
- Cobb, Jelani. “Burning Cities” from The New Yorker, June 8 and 15, 2020. 13-14.
- Vago, Steven and Nelson, Adie. “Primitive Legal Systems”, from Law and Society. Pearson, 2004. 33-40.
- Becker, Howard. “Moral Entrepreneurs”, from Outsiders: Studies in the Sociology of Deviance. Free Press, 1963. 147-163.
- Backhouse, Constance. “Bedecked in Gaudy Feathers: The Legal Prohibition of Aboriginal Dance: Wanduta’s Trial, Manitoba, 1903”. From Colour-Coded, A legal History of Racism in Canada, 1900-1950. U of Toronto Press, 1999. 56-77.
- Carstairs, Catherine. “The Racist Roots of Canada’s Drug Laws” from The Beaver. February/March 2004. Unknown
- Jochelson, Richard and Kramar, Kristen. “Post-Charter Community Standards…”, from Sex and the Supreme Court. Fenwood, 2011. 39-47
- Lee, Isabelle T. “Bound Together; One Year Later, FOSTA-SESTA throws sex workers back into the fire”, from Bitch Magazine, Summer 2019, Pp. 26-29.
- Foucault, Michel. “The body of the condemned” from Discipline and Punish, The Birth of the Prison. Vintage, 1979. 3-23.
- O’Grady, William. “Corporate, Political, Police and Religious Wrongdoing” from Crime in Canadian Context, Debates and Controversies. Oxford, 2007 Pp. 146-167.
- Finnegan, William. “The Blue Wall” from The New Yorker, August 3, 2020. 48-57.
- Goodyear, Dana. “Shock to the System” from The New Yorker, August 27, 2018. 36-43
- Bruck, Connie. “Devil’s Advocate”, from The New Yorker, August 5, 2019. Pp 32-47.
- Dawson Committee for Gun Control Objectives. November 2006.
- Menard, Louis. “Nowhere to Hide” from The New Yorker, June 18, 2018. 24-29.
File size is roughly 8 MB.
All coursepacks/downloads can be downloaded three times.
Required / Optional: REQUIRED
THIS ITEM IS NON-RETURNABLE AND NON-REFUNDABLE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
This is a downloadable .pdf file. There will be no items shipped to you. You must have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer to view this file.
After purchasing this item you will receive an email link from which you can download the file. Please save the file to your computer after downloading it.