Sociology of the Law Coursepack
This coursepack for Dawson College contains the following readings in .PDF format:
- Cobb, Jelani. “Burning Cities” from The New Yorker, June 8 and 15, 2020. 13-14.
- Vago, Steven and Nelson, Adie. “Primitive Legal Systems”, from Law and Society. Pearson, 2004. 33-40.
- Becker, Howard. “Moral Entrepreneurs”, from Outsiders: Studies in the Sociology of Deviance. Free Press, 1963. 147-163.
- Backhouse, Constance. “Bedecked in Gaudy Feathers: The Legal Prohibition of Aboriginal Dance: Wanduta’s Trial, Manitoba, 1903”. From Colour-Coded, A legal History of Racism in Canada, 1900-1950. U of Toronto Press, 1999. 56-77.
- Carstairs, Catherine. “The Racist Roots of Canada’s Drug Laws” from The Beaver. February/March 2004. Unknown
- Jochelson, Richard and Kramar, Kristen. “Post-Charter Community Standards…”, from Sex and the Supreme Court. Fenwood, 2011. 39-47
- Lee, Isabelle T. “Bound Together; One Year Later, FOSTA-SESTA throws sex workers back into the fire”, from Bitch Magazine, Summer 2019, Pp. 26-29.
- Foucault, Michel. “The body of the condemned” from Discipline and Punish, The Birth of the Prison. Vintage, 1979. 3-23.
- Finnegan, William. “The Blue Wall” from The New Yorker, August 3, 2020. 48-57.
- Goodyear, Dana. “Shock to the System” from The New Yorker, August 27, 2018. 36-43.
- Bruck, Connie. “Devil’s Advocate”, from The New Yorker, August 5, 2019. Pp 32-47.
- Talbot, Margaret. “The Real Roe”, from the New Yorker, September 20, 2021. Pp. 66-71.
File size is roughly 8 MB.
All coursepacks/downloads can be downloaded three times.
Required / Optional: REQUIRED
THIS ITEM IS NON-RETURNABLE AND NON-REFUNDABLE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
This is a downloadable .pdf file. There will be no items shipped to you. You must have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer to view this file.
After purchasing this item you will receive an email link from which you can download the file. Please save the file to your computer after downloading it.
Instant Access: Purchase and read your book immediately
Read Aloud: Listen as Bookshelf reads to you
Study Tools: Built-in study tools like highlights and more
Read Offline: Access your E-Book anytime and anywhere
Shipping & Handling
Shipping & Handling
In stock items ship in 1-3 business days.
Out of stock items ship in 2-6 business days unless otherwise noted.
We will email you if shipping dates exceed 6 business days.
E-book returns must be requested within 24 hours of purchase.
E-book returns after 24 hours (up to 14 days) will be subject to a restocking fee of 20%.
Print copy returns must be requested within 14 days of receipt of order.
Additional terms and conditions apply.
Questions?Textnet.ca - Help
Not sure how to redeem your e-book code? Need an invoice? Wondering how to cancel an order? Check out our Help page for quick and easy troubleshooting.
Need Extra Help?Textnet.ca - Contact Us
Can't find the answers to your questions on our Help page? Reach out via phone or e-mail to have a team member help you get started on the right foot.