Sociology of Social Problems Coursepack
This coursepack contains the following readings in .PDF format.
- Wright Mills, The Sociological Imagination. Oxford University Press, 1959. Pp. 2-6.
- Malcolm Spector and John I Kitsuse, Constructing Social Problems, Cummings Publishing, 1977. Pp. 75-81.
- “Staying Alive”, The Economist, Nov. 24, 2018. Vol. 429, #9119. P. 13.
- “The Last Harvest”, The Globe and Mail. Dec. 8, 2018. Pp. 1-7.
- “The Structure of Equality”. The New Yorker. January 7, 2019. Vol. XCIV, #43, Pp. 46-55.
- “The Plague Year”. The New Yorker. January 4, 2021. Vol. XCVI, #43. Pp. 20-59.
- “Nowhere to Hide”. The New Yorker. June 1, 2018. Vol. XLIV, #17. Pp. 24-29.
- Rebecca Solnit. “#YesAllWomen: Feminists rewrite the Story”. From Men Explain Things to Me. Haymarket Books, 2014. Pp. 121-136.
- Jelani Cobb. “American Spring”. The New Yorker, June 22, 2020. Pp. 15-16.
- Rachel Charlene Lewis. “Unsalved Mysteries”. Bitch Magazine, Spring 2020. Pp. 16-17.
- Rachel Monroe. “Stolen Valor”. The New Yorker, October 26, 2020. Pp. 26-31.
- Peter L, Berger. Invitation to Sociology. Anchor Books, 1963. Pp. 36-41.
- Andy Bryant. “Eat the Rich and Burn Their SUV’s”. Vice Magazine, 2003. Pp. 51-52.
- Caitlin Flanagan. “Private Schools are Indefensible”. The Atlantic, April 2021. Pp. 52-60.
- Annie Proulx. “Swamped”. The New Yorker, July 4, 2022. Pp. 20-26.
- Lauren Collins. “What Women Want”. The New Yorker, July 23, 2018. Pp. 34-43.
File size is roughly 39 MB.
All coursepacks/downloads can be downloaded three times.
Required / Optional: REQUIRED
THIS ITEM IS NON-RETURNABLE AND NON-REFUNDABLE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
This is a downloadable .pdf file. There will be no items shipped to you. You must have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer to view this file.
After purchasing this item you will receive an email link from which you can download the file. Please save the file to your computer after downloading it.
Instant Access: Purchase and read your book immediately
Read Aloud: Listen as Bookshelf reads to you
Study Tools: Built-in study tools like highlights and more
Read Offline: Access your E-Book anytime and anywhere
Shipping & Handling
Shipping & Handling
In stock items ship in 1-3 business days.
Out of stock items ship in 2-6 business days unless otherwise noted.
We will email you if shipping dates exceed 6 business days.
E-book returns must be requested within 24 hours of purchase.
E-book returns after 24 hours (up to 14 days) will be subject to a restocking fee of 20%.
Print copy returns must be requested within 14 days of receipt of order.
Additional terms and conditions apply.
Questions?Textnet.ca - Help
Not sure how to redeem your e-book code? Need an invoice? Wondering how to cancel an order? Check out our Help page for quick and easy troubleshooting.
Need Extra Help?Textnet.ca - Contact Us
Can't find the answers to your questions on our Help page? Reach out via phone or e-mail to have a team member help you get started on the right foot.