This coursepack contains the following readings in .PDF format
- Schaefer and Grekul. “What is the Scientific Method?”, from Sociology Matters. McGraw-Hill, 2007. Pp. 20-29.
- Best, Joel. “Telling the Truth about Damned Lies and Statistics”, from Readings for Sociology. Garth Massey ed. Norton and Co., 2006.
- Robertson, Ian. “A Core Sociological Concept”, from Society: A Brief Introduction. Worth Publishers, 1988. Pp. 6-9.
- Borgman, Dean“The Evolution, Components and Study of Youth Culture”, from Culture and Youth Studies, September 2014. Pp.1-3.
- McIntyre, Lisa. “Technology, Urbanization, and Social Upheaval”, from The Practical Skeptic. McGraw Hill, 2002. Pp. 10-23.
- Anderson, Charles H. “Social Class and the Proletariat”, from Sociological Readings in the Conflict Perspective. William Chambliss ed. Addison-Wesley, 1973. Pp. 168-172.
- Symbaluk, Diane and Bereska, Tami. “Identifying Ourselves and Identifying Others”, from Sociology in Action. Nelson, 2019. Pp. 67-71.
- Currie, Dawn and Kelly, Deirdre. “Who am I?”, from Questioning Sociology. Pavlich and Hird, Eds. Oxford, 2007, Pp. 34-52.
- Schmid, Thomas J. and Richard S. Jones. “Suspended Identity; Identity Transformation in a Maximum-Security Prison”, from The Practical Skeptic: Readings in Sociology. Lisa J. McIntyre ed. McGraw Hill, 2014. Pp. 222-233.
- Emba, Christine. “Men are in Trouble ‘Incels’ are Proof”, from The Washington Post. June 7, 2019. Pp. 1-4.
- Lott, John. “March for Our Lives”, from Fox News. Pp. 1-6.
- Collins, Lauren. “What Women Want”, The New Yorker. July 23, 2018. Pp. 34-43.
- Williams, Patricia. “The Distribution of Distress”, from Seeing a Color-Blind Future. Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 1997. Pp. 38-43.
- Craig, Savanna. “Timeline of the Opioid Crisis in Canada”, in The Link. January 2019. Vol. 39, #4, Pp. 6-9.
- Harari, Yuval Noah. “An Animal of No Significance” from Summary of Sapiens. Fastreads, 2016. Pp. 5-6.
- Heller, Nathan. “Too far from Home” from The New Yorker. June 1, 2020. Pp. 29-39.
- Wolff, Suzanne. “Our Gender-reveal Party” from The New Yorker. August 6 and 13, 2018. Pp. 25.
File size is roughly 8 MB.
All coursepacks/downloads can be downloaded three times.
Required / Optional: REQUIRED
THIS ITEM IS NON-RETURNABLE AND NON-REFUNDABLE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
This is a downloadable .pdf file. There will be no items shipped to you. You must have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer to view this file.
After purchasing this item you will receive an email link from which you can download the file. Please save the file to your computer after downloading it.